- This topic is empty.
5 May 2022 at 13 h 09 min #11645
Atempo’s products include a tool to generate an AER (Atempo Environment Report) containing logs and information about the software and the system.
For troubleshooting and/or analysis this AER is needed, it can be collected on the servers as well as on the agents.
You can also find how to generate an AER in Miria Administration Guide available on Miria documentation page
This document describes 3 ways (Web Interface, Classic Admin Console and by script) to generate an AER for Miria and also how to push the AER on Atempo’s FTP.
This long topic covers (click on each line to reach related section):
- Generating an AER from Miria Web Interface
- Generating an AER from Miria Classic Admin console
- Generating an AER from Miria CLI on Linux
- Transferring a Miria AER to Atempo from Miria Classic Admin console
- Transferring a Miria AER to Atempo from CLI on Linux
The web interface is available in recent versions of Miria for Windows and Linux and allows you to generate an AER:
- Select “Infrastructure” in left column
- Click on “Agent” in main area
- Select the agent to generate the AER (remember, a server is also an agent)
- Click on the icon containing a “A” at the end of the selected agent line
- Click on the “+” icon top right of the AERs list to generate a new one
- Click on the “YES” button to start the AER generation
- The AER generation is in progress
- Click on the “OK” button to return to the AERs list
- A message in red informs you that the AER generation is in progress
- The “+” icon will come back once done
- The new AER will be displayed on top of the list
(note that it is sometimes needed to refresh the screen using the F5 key)
- Click on the “download” icon at end of the desired AER’s line to get it on your system
- Click on the “X” icon on top right of the window to return to Agents list
The classic Admin Interface is available only for Windows but can manage Servers and agents from any platform.
- Select “Archiving platforms” from the left column
- Click on the wanted platform in the middle column
- Select the”AER” tab in main area
- Click on icon pointed by the red arrow to generate a new AER
- Click on the “Yes” button to start the AER generation (or type Alt+Y)
- The AER generation job is started
- Click on the “OK” button to return to AERs list
- You can click on “Jobs” in the left column to check running job
- Close the “List of Jobs” window to come back to AERs list
- Once the AER job is finished, click on the “Refresh” icon indicated by the red arrow
- You can now download an AER by clicking on the green download icon at the end of the desired AER’s line to get it on your system
- You can also click on the green upload icon to send it to the Atempo FTP if configured (seen Sending AER to Atempo from Miria Classic Admin)
- Log in the server or agent
- Navigate to folder where Advanced Environment Reporter is installed
- Run Advanced Environment Reporter
- Eventually enter root password if requested
- Select type of report
- Enter your Atempo site ID (Enter if you don’t know)
Example below for a Miria 126.96.36.199 server:
[root@centos7 ~]# cd /Miria/Binary/Bin/
[root@centos7 Bin]# ./advanced_env_report.sh
Advanced Environment Report Script 3.26
1) ADA (ADA – ‘188.8.131.52’)
2) AMM (AMM – ‘184.108.40.206’)
your choice: 1
Selected Product: ‘ADA’. Env ‘ADA’. Version : ‘220.127.116.11’
Generation Path : “/Miria/AER/server/AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44”
1) Generate config only : No
2) Remove all IP from result : No
3) Generate a compressed file : Yes ( using gzip )
4) Split the result : No
0) Run Report !
0) Run Report !
Please enter choice between (0) and (4)
Your SiteID is not yet registred.
Please contact Support to obtain it.
Please enter it:
Invalid Site ID format
Press a key to continue
Your SITE ID is: Unknown
Collect System name
Collect Memory and Swap
Please send the following files to the email address of the support team :
/Miria/AER/server/AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44.tar.gz (size : 1660 KB)
( Do not forget to specify your Case ID )
End of the script
An AER can be transferred to Atempo FTP directly from Miria Classic Admin console when default FTP server is properly defined
- Select the AER you want to transfer
- Click on the green upload icon
- Click on the “Yes” button
- Enter your incident number if you already have one
- Click on the “V” button to initiate the transfer
- Wait until the transfer finishes
- Click on the “OK” button to go to next step
- Click on the “Yes” button to prepare a mail fro Atempo support
- The text for the mail including the link to the AER in Atempo FTP is copied to the clipboard
- Click on the “OK” button to open a new mail pre-filled with info from clipboard
- Example of mail ready to send from Outlook
- Rename AER file name to prefix it with the ticket number
mv /Miria/AER/server/AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44.tar.gz /Miria/AER/server/123ticketnumber_AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44.tar.gz
- Open ftp client
- Open Atempo FTP site
ftp> open http://ftp.atempo.com
- Enter “anonymous” as username
- Enter your mail address as password
- Be sure to be in binary mode
- Navigate to target directory /pub/share
ftp> cd /pub/share
- Send the renamed AER
[root@centos7 Bin]# ftp
ftp> open http://ftp.atempo.com
Connected to http://ftp.atempo.com (18.104.22.168).
220 10.100.102.1 FTP server ready
Name (ftp.atempo.com:root): anonymous
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
200 Type set to I
ftp> cd /pub/share
local: /Miria/AER/server/123ticketnumber_AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44.tar.gz remote: 123ticketnumber_AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44.tar.gz
227 Entering Passive Mode (185,92,38,1,179,219).
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 123ticketnumber_AER_centos7_ADA_2022May09_12h30m44.tar.gz
226 Transfer complete
1699628 bytes sent in 6,03 secs (281,66 Kbytes/sec)
Source: based on an initial Atempo support internal note written by Hugues Cote and Miria documentation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Sujets / Topics
- How to generate an AER in MIRIA or ADA
- Lina is not impacted by the SpringShell vulnerability CVE-2022-22965
- Tina is not impacted by the SpringShell vulnerability CVE-2022-22965
- Miria is not impacted by the SpringShell vulnerability CVE-2022-22965
- New Tech Paper on M365
- Advisory ID : MIRIA-2022-0001
- Do not use macOS UI 3.14 !
- Miria is not impacted by vulnerability CVE-2021-40438
- How to use REST API in Miria 22.214.171.124+
- How Tina backups Microsoft VMs